Those of us who were born before the Vietnam War are in a state of shock. We are horrified that this matter ever transpired. Intelligent people regardless of Ethnic background see this matter as a threat to the American culture.
This matter was a blatant attempt to conduct character assassination. This kind of behavior threatens Individualism. That someone can after 40 years accuse you of a presumed incident with the intent to negatively affect your life, is alarming.
Clearly, the good Judge did not handle rebuttal of the claim well. He would be the first to agree. He allowed anger and consternation to get the better of him. He should have composed himself in his responses, to the extent where some questions would have been given the “No Comment” or “I plead the 5th “. Divulging details of his Sex life was not vintage Best Practice.
Attorney Rachel Mitchell did not ask the right questions. I am baffled as to the reason. If you are there under the pretense of objectivity then why not ask questions consistent with that objective. Those of us who are fair and impartial found her line of questioning ineffective.
Here are some questions that should have been asked by Rachel Mitchell of Christine Blasey Ford:
- Are you sure that you know Brett Kavanaugh
- How long have you known him
- When was the last time you both met privately and or in a Group setting
- During your teen years, how often did you meet with Brett Kavanaugh or be in his presence
- Were your meetings one-on-one or as part of a Group
- Describe in one sentence or less your meetings with Brett Kavanaugh
- Did you ever consider Dating Brett Kavanaugh
- During your teen years did you like Brett Kavanaugh
- Describe the Brett Kavanaugh you knew in your teen years
- How certain are you that the Party was in 1982
- Was there anything particular about 1982 other than Brett Kavanaugh, that prompted you to say that the incident occurred in that year
- How did you get to the Party
- You were presumably 15 at the time of the incident, did you have your parents permission to attend the party
- People leave Parties before midnight or after, do you recall if you left before or after midnight
- How did you get home
- Do you recall about what time you returned home
- Do you recall if your Parents were awake when you returned home
- Did you tell your Parents about the incident
- Are your Parents alive, if so would you allow a meeting regarding this matter
- Did you notice any attitudinal changes as a result of the incident
- When did you first realize attitudinal changes
- How are you feeling at this moment…?
Those are just some of the questions that should have been asked. Pinpoint questions with Yes, No, or explicit answers. Attorney Rachel Mitchell involvement was to eliminate the need for an onlooker to formulate interpretation. Those of us who are fair and impartial found her line of questioning ineffective.
Parents with teenage sons should take notice of “The Kavanaugh Matter”. Today it is Brett Kavanaugh. Tomorrow it will be your son. You must reject character assassination. Allegations unsubstantiated by corroborating evidence must not become the new norm. Failing to do so will render your child susceptible to baseless accusations decades later. Accusations created with malicious intent, jealousy, and designed to inflict defamation of character should not be the new norm. These days, people appear more motivated to keep their fellow man down as opposed to doing things to uplift themselves.
Almost all on Capitol Hill did something as a teenager they regret. People in Glass Houses should not throw stones. How many Democrats currently in Leadership do you think could survive the scrutiny Brett Kavanaugh endured? Some currently on Capitol Hill who are not teenagers do or say things I hope they regret.
The Hearing process consistent with nomination to Federal positions might be damaged by the despicable conduct during the “Kavanaugh Hearing”. Can the process of Advice and Consent be repaired? Perhaps, but it might require a real Spartacus moment. The Hearing process consistent with nomination to the Supreme Court has been modified, to the extent that it is easier to succeed in an interview to become a Catholic Priest.
Supreme Court nominees who dare to exhibit interest in Females as teenagers are not welcome to the Fraternity or at least according to high profile members of the Democratic Party. Do not ingest “fire water” as a college student. Do not hang out with the fast crowd in school. Guilt by association is significant and will be held against you, even if said association occurred in your teen years. The best demeanor is to be a card-carrying member of the “Judicial space cadet” club. Daily routine should include Mom knocking on your forehead and inquire, “Is anyone home”.
If you watched the testimony of Christine Blasey Ford, you cannot avoid noticing that there is something wrong psychologically. Perhaps, that is the look of psychology professors. I did not scrutinize the demeanor of psychology professors in school. I should visit a campus for an observation tour of members of that faculty.
In the wake of the defeat of losers in the Democratic Party, there is talk of impeaching Brett Kavanaugh. That is veiled threat, unless of course, the Democratic Party wishes to concede defeat before the Mid-Term elections. Frankly, my pulse indicates that there is no need for progressives to make even a cameo appearance at the polls. The Democratic Party will lose seats in Congress after the Mid-Term elections. The Gain they predicted is just a mirage.