Natoya Goule is a star. Despite finishing sixth in Doha 2019, she continues to improve her performance in the 800 Meters. Recently, she finished second in the 800-meter Diamond League Final. Quite candidly, when she watches the Tape, she will realize she should have won but not to worry. It was not the 2020 Olympics 800 – meter Final.
Goule will be ready to win the 800 Meters at Olympics 2020. It is refreshing to see an athlete step away and establish a new frontier. She is a Burning Spear. She has my vote for flag bearer in the opening ceremony.
She is ready. She will be a force to reckon with in Japan. She needs to exhibit more confidence at the start Line. Wave with a little exuberance. Do not let the competition see you nervous but certainly let them see you sweat at the finish. Here are things that Natoya Goule can do to ensure victory.
- Work on a Sprint Finish
- Develop more confidence in her stride or Form
- Believe in herself and tune out opponents or the competition
- Think of the Olympics 2020 in Training
- Think of the Records for the event and aim for the fastest time. World time is 1:53:28. Olympics is 1:53:43.
- Develop a strategy and run every Race accordingly. Tweak it a little where necessary.
- I recommend the following Splits, First 100M – Next 600M – Next 50M – Final 50M. Do not run in the Pack. Do not engage in a Jog in the park. Run the Race, get into the heads of the competitors, and run the splits. Mentally and physically, practice the splits. Get to the point where there is no thinking, just running.
- First 100M establish Momentum
- Next 600M maintain Momentum, follow the leader, and always stay in striking distance of the Leader but at your Pace. If the Lead changes, follow that leader. If the Pace is too slow, go by and stay at your Pace (one you have proven that you can maintain during Training). Do not Jockey for the lead it will ruin your Stamina.
- Stay within yourself. Just exert enough energy to maintain Momentum. Your mission is to win. Take the Record if you can.
- Next 50M get ready to sprint. This is like a running start in Relays but longer. Ask a member of 4 x 100 Relay team to work with you on that in Training. Be serious it will make a difference.
- Final 50M run as fast as you can to the Finish. Leave nothing on the Track. Focus on the Finish Line. The only Race you are running is this one. Past and future races are of no concern. This is where work on Sprinting will help.
- Imagine you are in the Olympics 2020 Final in Training and Competition. See yourself winning the ultimate Prize. You have to imagine accomplishing.
TELEGRAM: Natoya Goule, hereby stake Claim to Victory in the Women’s 800 meters Olympics 2020 in Japan…